Consider the Modular Construction Benefits:
All our log cabins and homes are prefabricated in our factory using modular techniques. This means the your home will not be exposed to rain or snow during construction, which is a known issue with site-built homes. The modular home sections are built stronger than the typical site-built home so they can withstand the rigors of transit without being affected. These are advantages that provide long-term benefits.
Construction of our Log Homes:
- 2×10 floor joists @ 16” O.C.
- ¾” tongue & groove sub-floor glued & nailed to joists
- Pressure treated porch decking (composite decking optional)
- 2×6 framed exterior walls – studs spaced 16” O.C.
- Walls sheathed with 7/16” OSB with continuous house wrap
- White Pine tongue & groove log siding
- Round log spindle railings on porches (cedar)
- Exterior stain/water repellent applied in factory
- ProVia double-hung windows w/ low-e/argon glass (0.26 u-factor)
- ProVia insulated fiberglass entry door(s) with 9-lite glass
- Engineered trusses @ 24” O.C. (16″ O.C. for high snow load areas)
- 5/8” OSB roof sheathing w/ synthetic roof underlayment
- Lifetime GAF/Elk architectural shingle roof (steel roof optional)
- Vented eaves and ridge
- Wall Insulation: R-21
- Ceiling Insulation: R-38 (R-49 optional)
- floor insulation is not provided – must be added on-site by others